Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hmph.

I watched the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" the other day. Isla Fishers hair is haunting me. I love it. Not necessarily the color, but the bounce and curl of those tresses has mesmerized me. It resides right on the line between casual and dressy, making it a perfect look for all occasions. It is not straight, nor tight curls, but a perfect balance between the two. It is not stiff from product or boring from rigidity, but it has the look of fleeting effort in the morning that lasts all day. It appears so soft and attainable, yet I cannot figure it out!

I have very healthy hair (so I am told by the stylists who cut my hair), which is great, right? Kinda. See, the problem with healthy and thick hair is that it very rarely will hold the curls I put into. It is so shiny and slippery that the curls literally slip off my head! I have tried a variety of attempts, read online how to achieve this look without getting a perm, curled it in a variety of ways, and yet I cannot figure it out! Plus, when I do try these tricks, I end up taking hours, which is not the time investment I am willing to spend every day! Plus it doesnt even look the way I want it to!

So, I am destined to have hair that doesn't look a thing like Isla Fishers. It was a nice thought, and a nice try, but I think I will settle for the 10 minute hair-do I have been doing my whole life. Long and straight, healthy and happy!

2 comments:

  1. I love that look! And yes, it is very difficult to get. I did manage it when I had really long hair by using my flat iron to curl it, but with how thick my hair is, it takes for.ev.er. Yours would be even worse. I have heard you can use those really, really, thick curlers to get it,too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so my comment is not so much about your post. It's about your playlist . . . I see you've been playing since I talked to you what, an hour ago? Love ya! And I love your hair--you are beatiful!

    ReplyDelete